Excitement ! Flying on the Wings of my Dreams!


I have been having a fabulous week of creativity...and being acknowledged. Most of you know that I have been submitting to magazines these last 2 years. Once you submit a piece of work for jury it usually takes 3 to 4 months to hear back from them, and then it can be up to 6 months before the item appears in a magazine. I have had the wonderful honor to be in several magazines this year and last year. Altered Couture (twice) , Art Doll Quarterly and Artful Blogging. These are all Stampington and Company Publications. I have just been notified that I will be appearing once again in Altered Couture in the August publication and in the Winter publication. I will also be in Somerset Home in the August publication. Now, today, I was notified that I will be in the November issue of Art Doll Quarterly. CAN WE SAY......WOW!?! I am so overwhelmed...I am so excited...I am so humbled...I am so honored.
The life of a stay at home artist is a very solitary one. I create every day in my studio, sometimes staying in here for 8 to 10 hours a day!! I have deadlines that I make for myself along with the custom work that I do. I do this because I know no other way to live my life. I am an artist. Honoring myself and my creativity. I give back to my community with many fund raisers, and I also do gallery work...CAN WE SAY JANE OF ALL TRADES!?!?! So submitting and then being picked to be published out of the hundreds of entries is a dream come true for me.
So for anyone out there who reads this, I want to let you know that DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
You can get to the Emerald City Dorothy! All you have to do is BELIEVE!! AND FLY ON THE WINGS OF YOUR DREAMS!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

PS: the mandala picture is from my blog that was featured in Artful Blogging and you can join me over at FROM THE INSIDE OUT...Monday thru Friday as I explore my inner messages.

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Congratulations on your success, you are a wonderful inspiration! Very pretty artwork. I always said to my brother the difference between him me, I want to be liked from the " inside out" and you want to be liked from the " outside in"! So I really connect with your other blog name!! Excellent!

Hugs Giggles

Judy H said...

I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the new publications. Things like Artful Blogging I make a note to myself when they are coming out so I can get them. Needless to say, I will be watching for you stuff.