Gallery Show...



Here are 2 of the 3 paintings I did for the SMALL SHOW....which is a gallery show for pieces no bigger than 12 by 12....These 2 are 9 by 12....mixed media with embellishments! Both the bird and the butterfly were painted on 140 weight watercolor paper and then cut out and placed on wrapped canvas board...then 3-D to a piece of wrapped wood that had been textured with acrylic paint....then embellished....I have been working with the 3-D look and my art for the past several years and really like it...What the pictures don't reveal is that both the bird and the butterfly have been treated with Pearl Ex pigments that give them a very iridescent look... And of course anyone who knows me ...knows I like things that represent flight.....I am working now on a series of words that I am doing in a similar way....The show opens May 24th....at THE HIGH FALLS GALLERY in Rochester, NY....
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: